The objectives of the Institution may be summarised as follows:-
- To provide resources and a networking forum to support both professional practitioners and amateur enthusiasts in their pursuit of Electronics as a career or hobby
- To promote to the public, through our members, the Science and Engineering of Electronics
- To encourage the study of Electronics amongst people of all ages, but particularly the young
- The support and encouragement of professionals engaged in the teaching of Electronics at all educational levels
- To inform policy in the UK and devolved nations by the administration of Learned Panels to consider, debate and report on topics of immediate importance to the UK Electronics sector in all its guises.