The objects of the Institution may be summarised as follows:-
- To promote information in the Science of Electronics and other scientific subjects, by lectures, discussions, publication of papers and correspondence with public bodies and individuals.
- To encourage the study of Electronics and other kindred scientific subjects, and to promote improvements and facilities for practising the Science of Electronics.
- To promote the efficiency and usefulness of the professions of the Science of Electronics by setting up a high standard of professional and general education and knowledge; and for that purpose –
- To hold meetings of the Institution for reading, lecturing and discussing matters bearing upon the Science;
- To hold or promote examinations of those engaged or interested in the Science and desirous of becoming Certified Members of the Institution;
- To hold and promote exhibitions, to form a library of books, works and manuscripts and to do various other things calculated to promote the efficiency and usefulness of the profession;
- To establish a representative journal for the publication of papers dealing with Electronics.